Friday, August 10, 2007

corduroy

is a hard word to spell for some reason. Maybe it's because I had a cherry coke at the movies last night which has made me extra tired today. I saw Hairspray with Erin and Kelly and it was surprisingly good! I have been singing "good morning Baltimore" all day and Inez keeps telling me that she doesn't like that song.

Anyway, this post is supposed to be about cord-ur-oy. I don't know what it is about 100 degree weather that made me buy this material. But I couldn't resist. I just keep picturing the girls in matching a-line skirts.

8 comments:

pflower10 said...

OK, I have to say that I just perused your blog(s) and I am finding you and your family completely adorable!! Your girls are soooooooo very cute!!! AND I'm getting inspired by your fabric purchases and the Easter outfits!! I just bought a Bernina sewing machine and I think that skirts would be a great project to "break it in"!!

I'll be checking in often!

Holly said...

thanks!!

and berninas are the best! but it is just so hard for me to sew in this heat. but hopefully i can crank something out soon!

Brooke said...

sew sew cute.

that was lame, i know.

but i'm thinking i may need to buy that material b/c i'm envisioning a sort of jumper for tess. what do you think?

Holly said...

I think a jumper would be cute too, but corduroy is so hard to handle. At least that's what I remember from my sewing class at BYU when I made the most disastrous shirt out of some small wale corduroy. But it would make a really cute jumper.

Sister Abby Bowler said...

What a surprise to see your comment on my blog! How are you and Dave doing? Your girls are so cute! We are expecting our third girl, and I can't agree with you more about not being able to resist darling fabric! I have a stack of projects to do for my girls--it is so fun!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Try this: Good Morning Corduroy!

Brooke said...

have you made the skirts yet?

i'm dying to see them.

Holly said...

no, i'm currently working on nezzie's halloween costume, which is partially cut out. i have a heaping mess o' craft on my table right now.