Saturday, March 3, 2007

shame, shame

tonight instead of going to the gym, i suggested to dave that we stay home. he could freelance while i made cookies and
then we could work on our budget while watching a movie. he agreed without hesitation. then while waiting in the kitchen for the butter to soften, i broke out the puzzle that i got for my birthday. it has been sitting in its box for two weeks beckoning me every time i pass by. i love these puzzles because even though these don't require a lot of brainpower, they make me feel smart. they take me a long time, and i welcome any extra hands that will help to assemble it (besides my three year old's). i also had my music of choice playing on itunes– mr. robert nesta marley. during these cold winter months here in utah, i find much comfort and happiness when i listen to reggae. any reggae will usually do, but tonight i was particularly in the mood for some bob.

so tonight, instead of going to the gym and getting home late, we stayed and i got almost all the edges put together. i realize that this is not a huge accomplishment, but it was really nice to just stay home on a saturday night and relax. and for this girl, relaxing is a great accomplishment.

p.s. the cookies were dang good.
current song: bob marley "satisfy my soul"

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Holly, here I am scrolling down your blog. (Have I mentioned how adorable it is?) And I see this picture of this puzzle. So weird, we have that same puzzle, and my husband and I put it together a couple of years ago. It is a hard one!